Financial Controller – Epsom £70k
A surging SME business based locally to Epsom are seeking a dynamic Financial Controller to head up
their finance team. The successful candidate will be managing the day to day finance function but also
working closely with the business development manager and the MD on commercial matters.
This is an exciting time to join a growing business where you will have real autonomy to improve finance
processes and develop a small accounts team whilst reporting directly into the Managing Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management accounts on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of statutory accounts.
• Forecasting, budgeting and cash flow.
• Inter-company consolidations & reconciliations.
• Leading and developing two accounts assistants.
• Working closing with the business development manager & MD on commercial matters.
• Overseeing Sales ledger, Purchase ledger & credit control.
• VAT returns.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Ad hoc management information.
• Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA is essential.
• Takes ownership and uses initiative.
• Well organised and able to prioritise workload.
• Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
• Experience supervising a small team.
• Commercially astute.
• Sage experience would be desirable.